Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Artists

Part of the pleasure of finding artists for the show this year was to go outside my personal circle, and to look for artists that I knew little or nothing about before I found them, a true call for work. Grad school has a way of being self imposed solitary confinement, and its easy to become unaware of what is going on in other art schools and other art circles even within the region that you live. Without casting too wide of a net, and with the help of a friend, I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the artists that I found. We all seem to share an appreciation for the observed world in our work, but its great to see how differently that simple statement can be interpreted.
-Alan Rushing

Alan Rushing


Stacy Mohammed


Kate Gartrell


Nate Risteen

No comments:

Post a Comment